I was nominated for the Liebster award about 6 days ago now. I misunderstood what I had to do, I thought that you were nominated, then had to win to continue it, I don’t know. I then realised my mistake today, so I wanted to thank Iridescent Spirits for the nomination. I did not expect to be thought of and I really appreciate it!
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers (those with less than 200 followers). The idea behind it is to motivate and encourage them. Liebster is a German word that means beloved or darling, so you basically nominate bloggers with a small audience that you treasure and think happy thoughts about.
If you want to carry this on there are some rules to accept to nominate further:
- Display the Liebster award on your blog.
- Thank and link back to your nominator.
- Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with about 200 or fewer followers and link to them.
- Draft 11 new questions for your nominees.
- Notify your nominees via their blogs or social media.
And here are my questions and answers
1. Why did you start blogging?
There are quite a few different reasons, one of those is to improve my writing skills. I have always had a difficult time conveying my thoughts into any medium. I think I am improving. I also blog to discuss the things I love, my blog focuses around the tv shows I watch, music I listen to, all just me. It’s a place where I can be just me and can potentially meet some cool people.
2. What would be your dream job?
My dreams change constantly, but my current dream job is to work on a travel/lifestyle program as a tv presenter. I like places, I experiencing new things, and I like talking about those things. I’m pretty much doing that now without the paycheck…
3. What inspires you the most?
Ordinary people doing spectacular things. Probably because it means there’s a small chance I can do it too.
4. Do you have a special ritual or place for writing?
No healthy ones. If the words are flowing then I can write anywhere at anytime. However, if I’m stuck I’ll procrastinate like crazy and freak out later.. or I’ll just pour myself a glass of wine and keep trying.
5. What are you most proud about your blog?
I think I’m most proud that I kept to it. I’m always thinking about improving it, or what to write about. I’m proud that the blog is apologetically me, if I want to talk about Marilyn Manson a week after my favourite bubble baths, I will do it.
6. If you could achieve anything only by blogging what would it be?
Probably that dream job at Question 2. If I could support myself running around the world seeing everything only by blogging, that would be extraordinary.
7. Do you have any unusual habits? If so, what are they?
I will always drink tea or coffee with a spoon in the cup, even if I don’t use sugar.
8. Do you like reading? If yes, what genres do you prefer?
I love reading, my favourite genre is fantasy. I do dabble in some teenage, coming of age books as well.
9. Have you ever surprised yourself by doing something you thought you’re incapable of, yet in the end it turned out it is one of your hidden talents?
If you would call blogging a talent of mine, then yes. I did not think I could or would stick to this, or have so much to talk about. I’m also not later embarrassed by what I write about, so that’s a plus.
10. Would you like to be famous? If yes, what for?
I’m unsure. I like the idea of being internet famous, where people know about you, but not everyone on the street knows who you are… I’d like to be a danisnotonfire, not a Brad Pitt.
11. Are you a cat or a dog person?
Uggghh. I hate this question, I’m equal. However, if you put a gun to my head I will go with cat because they don’t lick me, and I don’t need to clean their poo.
1. musings of a frequent flying scientist
2. The Year of Something New
3. Cinq minutes de Paris
4. Eat, Play, Clove.
5. Flavoured Lemons
6. Jess Writes With Crayons
7. C.J. Photography
10. Unironically Excited
11. Come Fly With Me
My 11 questions (if you wish to carry it on)
1. What is your favourite post that you’ve written?
2. Who is your favourite fictional character?
3. How did you pick your blogs name?
4. What is your favourite procrastination tool?
5. If you could have any superhero power, what would it be?
6. If you could see any band live, dead or alive, who would it be?
7. If you could move to any part of the world, where would it be?
8. Are you a morning person? If not, when is your preferred time of the day?
9. How many languages do you speak? And what languages would you like to learn?
10. Do you have any unusual habits?
11. Are you a cat or dog person?